Located on the northern coast of Mozambique, Pemba has slowly become a favorite destination for tourists not only from Mozambique but also from the rest of South Africa and even from the rest of the world. Pemba Beach Hotel and Spa is a chic blend of East African and Arabian architecture with new-world facilities to attract tourists on a break as well as businesspersons that need to conduct their important meetings. This hotel is spread over 100 acres is suitable for weddings, corporate get-togethers as well as fun-seeking families. With a wide range of water sports and body relaxing facilities, Pemba Beach Hotel and Spa can help invigorate your body, mind, and soul. The hotel is only five minutes away from Pemba International Airport.
All the above rooms have
• Air Conditioners with En-suite Bath and Shower
• Satellite TV
• Direct Dial Telephones
• Tea and Coffee making Facilities
• Electronic Safe
• Hair Dryer
• International Plug Sockets
In addition, the suites also have separate dining area, bar, lounge and separate guest toilets. The villas are fully self-sufficient with a fridge and washing machine and a fully equipped kitchen.
• Quirimbas Restaurant - When you feel hungry after various water and land sports that are on offer on and around the resort, you can eat in the air-conditioned comfort of Quirimbas Restaurant where chefs whip up delicious seafood delicacies in a blend of local and international style. Either you can eat in the air-conditioned restaurant or the al-fresco terrace and can choose between an a la carte menu and scrumptious buffets.
• Niassa Bar - If you want to just enjoy your drinks amidst wildlife trophies that date back to the past, then you can do just that in Niassa Bar.
• Clube Naval - You can visit Clube Naval, a short walking distance from the resort. The club ends in a marina, where another food and beverages outlet keeps your taste buds happy. There is also an activity center in the marina that can supply you with all the equipment needed for water sports and deep-sea diving and fishing.
Mozambique is blessed with a long coast filled with clear blue waters of the Indian Ocean. The surrounding waters are rich in marine life and flora. The amazing range of fishes, turtles, and coral reefs could make your trip a memorable one. The water temperature remains between 26C and 30C making it ideal ground for schools of stingrays, kingfish, barracuda, moray eels, and even dolphins to frequent it. You can also observe Green, Loggerhead, and Leatherback turtles and might even sight humpback whales in deeper waters. The resort uses PADI certified instructors that can teach you diving through various different courses such as Discover Scuba, Open Water, or Advanced Open Water, depending on your skills. There are eleven prominent diving sites frequented by tourists and most of them are hardly a 20-minute boat ride away from the resort. You could dive in 'The Gap', which is an 80 to 120 meter deep continental shelf and which is home to big game fish. There are also various other attractions such as 'The Playground', which is a shallow dive in overhangs and caves or 'Pyro Banks', where large schools of Coral Razor fish can be observed at close quarters.
The resort has a powerful, covered fishing boat to enable you to fish for hours without harming your skin in the sun. The boat's captain will also supply you with tackle, bait and lure and will also make sure that you are guided professionally in the finer nuances of fishing in tropical waters. In addition, the resort also possesses a fully equipped catamaran that you can charter for your fishing expedition. You can fish for yellow fin tuna, wahoo, kingfish or even sailfish depending on the season although some species of fish are available throughout the year. One of the better known fishing sites is St Lazarus Banks, which is an underwater sea mountain rising from 2.4 kilometers beneath the ocean's surface to 6 meters and which is home to countless species of fish.
The resort also offers many other water sports along its sandy beaches. You can indulge in sailing, water skiing, windsurfing, kayaking and even wake, and knee boarding to your heart's content. You can also indulge in guided and unguided snorkeling tours with equipment provided by the resort's activity center, Clube Naval. The resort also has its own salt water, rim flowing swimming pool that overlooks on to the Wimbe Beach.
The resort has equally exciting plans to keep you busy on land. You can enjoy a game of beach tennis, badminton, or volleyball or play day or night tennis in their floodlit courts. The Clube Naval bar also has many board games to choose from in case you wish to remain indoors.
You can also take a local tour to visit Pemba and explore a local cashew-nut factory or any of the many woodworking factories in the Pemba fishing village. There are also local shops and a casino nearby to entertain you.
For those of you that need to combine business with pleasure, Pemba Beach Hotel and Spa also offers a business center that is loaded with all the gizmo's to keep you connected to the rest of the world. The Cabo Delgado Conference Room is and air-conditioned room with a DTP screen, a PA system and can seat up to 200 people. The Mueda Boardroom has multi-media facilities for a small meeting or even a private lunch or dinner.
Spa and Gym
The hotel's wellness spa was inaugurated in 2007 and offers various face and body massages that can relax your body and calm your mind. The hotel also has a state-of-the-art gym with the right equipment to keep you fit.
• 100 acre hotel situated on the beach and near to Pemba Airport
• 102 rooms of different shapes and sizes including 8 self-contained villas
• Restaurant and Bar to satisfy your hunger and quench your thirst
• Clube Naval offering a launch pad for various water and land activities
• Diving, fishing and various water sports around the resort
• Spa and gym to help your body and mind relax or just tone up
• Conference room and business center for the perfect meeting