Using the Navigation Controls
| || |
The navigation controls you see at maps.google.com are shown on the left. Navigation controls include:
- Arrows - Click the appropriate arrow buttons to move the view north, south, east or west. Click to return to your original view.
- Zoom - Click + to zoom in on the center of the map. Click - to zoom out.
- Zoom slider - Drag the zoom slider up or down to zoom in or out incrementally.
Depending on your location, there are different views available in Google Maps. Click the appropriate view in the right top corner of the map:
- Map - This shows a map with a traditional depiction of roads, parks, borders, bodies of water and more.
- Satellite - This shows aerial imagery. To show street names and other information, check Show labels.
- Terrain - This shows physical elevation as shaded relief and elevation lines. It also includes street names and other information.
Regional MapsJust click on one of the following: